What do my feet have to do with it?
Your feet have a direct impact on the rest of your body. Like the foundation of a house, your feet support the weight of everything above them. When a small problem develops in your feet, the subtle change in the way you walk will cause a chain reaction of adjustments in your posture and walking mechanics. These changes can put stress on joints higher up in your body and lead to more serious problems.
Dr. Bob Hafizi provides custom orthotics to help rebalance your feet, reducing pain and discomfort by enhancing your body’s natural movements. Custom orthotics augment treatment and add to your general well-being no matter where your feet may take you.
What are prescription orthotics?
Prescription orthotics look like insoles, but are biomechanical medical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. Orthotics work on your feet much like glasses work on your eyes – they reduce stress and strain on your body by bringing your feet back into proper alignment. Orthotics fit into your shoes as comfortably as an insole – and they have the advantage of having been made from precise imprints of your feet.
How do they help?
Properly made orthotics are custom molded to the support requirements of your feet. They help restore the normal balance and alignment of your body by gently correcting foot abnormalities. Nobody understands this better than Dr. Hafizi.
Dr. Hafizi provides innovative, comfortable orthotics that are a pleasure to wear as they gently reduce problems associated with pressure points, muscle strain and abnormal forces on the ankles, knees, hips and spine. Over time, custom orthotic support that is prescribed will bring you relief from fatigue and pain, allowing you to enjoy daily activities comfortably.
How would I know if I had a problem?
The symptoms of faulty foot mechanics can include any one of the following:
- Localized foot pain
- Bunions, hammer toes
- Arch / heel pain
- Leg / knee pain
- Hip or back pain – even neck pain
What can I do?
Dr. Hafizi can prescribe foot orthotics to help correct your specific foot and body imbalance. You can help by discussing any nagging foot, leg, or back problems, and even by simply asking if your feet could be part of the problem.
Type of Orthotics
Dr. Hafizi offers a wide variety of orthotics to fit your lifestyle:
- Casual Orthotics
- Dress Orthotics
- Sport Orthotics
- Sandal Orthotics
Expert orthotic support for every walk of life
Dr. Hafizi provides custom orthotics solutions to patients using assessment tools such as GaitScan™ to custom-made orthotics, shoes and sandals, renowned for their innovative design, quality and comfort.
Fascinating foot facts
- 25% of the bones in your body are in your feet
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps per day
- The average person will walk over 100,000 miles in their lifetime, or more than 4 trips around the world
- Women have four times as many foot problems as men – blame it on fancy, ill-fitting footwear
- More than 75% of people will experience foot problems in their lifetime
Test your need for orthotic support
If you agree with any of the statements below, ask how the products Dr. Hafizi provides can help you feel better, from the ground up.
- My feet are sore on a regular basis
- I spend a good portion of my day standing or walking on hard surfaces
- I play a sport regularly (tennis, golf, basketball, etc.)
- Standing, walking or running gives me joint pain (ankles, knees, hip or back)
- I am over 40 years old
- I have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc.)
- One of my legs is shorter than the other
- I have knock-knees or bow-legs
- My shoes wear out quickly or unevenly
- My feet “toe out” when I walk
- My parents had foot-related symptoms